- Seagate Support »
- WIRELESS PLUS 4TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
WIRELESS PLUS 2TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Wireless Plus 2TB Portable External Hard Drive is designed to access your favorite content from anywhere on Wi-Fi-enabled devices like smartphones over a wireless network. The Seagate Media app designed for this drive helps you to stream your media from the drive to the computer or mobile phone. It comes with some great features, and some of them are listed below.
- Supported OS: iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
- Supported web browsers: Safari, WebKit (Android), Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Supported file types: For iPads-Video (H.264 video, MPEG-4, Motion-JPEG), Audio (AAC, MP3, M4a, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV), documents (Microsoft Office, iWork, PDF), certain third-party apps. For Laptops, Tablets, & smartphones- all file types are supported.
- Drive capacity: 500 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB.
- Connectivity: SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port.
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery (non-user replaceable)
- Driver format: NTFS
- Inside the box: the Seagate Wireless Plus Storage device, quick start guide, USB wall adapter, and detachable USB 3.0 cable.
The below section explains how to perform the Seagate wireless plus 2TB Portable External Hard Drive set up for the first time.
If this is the first time, then charge the device and start the setup process.
Charging the drive
- Get the USB wall adapter and the cable provided along with the drive.
- Now, connect the cable’s one end to the adapter and the other end to the drive.
- Plug the adapter into a wall outlet.
- Check whether the amber light is blinking on the drive.
If yes, then it means the drive is charging. Once the drive is fully charged, the amber light will turn green.
Enabling the wireless connection
- Turn on your Seagate Wireless Portable Hard Drive by pressing its Power button.
- Wait for the Wi-Fi light on the drive to become solid.
- Once the Wi-Fi option is enabled on your drive, Turn On the Wi-Fi feature on the computer or mobile phone that you wish to connect to the drive.
- Now, on your computer or mobile phone, choose the drive’s wireless network name.
- Install and run the Seagate Media app on your device to establish a wireless connection.
Once the wireless connection is established on your drive, it is ready to use. If you wish to store your favorite media on the drive, then follow the below instructions.
- Initially, connect the drive to your computer. (Note: If you’re trying to access the drive from a Mac computer, then make sure that MacInstaller.dmg is installed on it.)
- Next, make sure that the drive is Turned on and the Wi-Fi light is blinking green.
- Now, move the desired media to the hard drive through Copy & Paste or Drag & Drop.
- You can also use the Seagate Media Sync software to move the media from your computer to the drive.
To know more about the Wireless Plus 2TB Portable External Hard Drive, contact us.