- Seagate Support »
- TRANSFER FILES EXPANSION 8TB DESKTOP DRIVE
TRANSFER FILES EXPANSION 8TB DESKTOP DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop Drive is designed to provide you with extra storage space. Using this drive, you can store and access your important files easily and quickly. It comes formatted for Windows. However, you can use the Seagate Expansion drive on your Mac computer by reformatting it. The only drawback of this drive is that it doesn’t have any backup software. So, you need to manually back up all your important files on the drive. The below section explains how to Transfer Expansion 8TB Desktop Drive.
If your OS type is Windows, then perform the simple instructions given below to transfer files from the computer to the drive.
Use either the drag & drop or copy & paste option to transfer files to the drive.
Using the drag & drop option
- Initially, make sure that your Seagate Hard Drive is connected to the computer, and its name is displayed in the Connected Devices window.
- Next, open the My Computer or This PC Window of your computer followed by the drive folder.
- Restore down the drive window.
- Now, open the folder containing the files that you wish to transfer to the drive.
- Make sure that the folder window is opened separately.
- Now, Restore down the folder window too.
- Locate the files or folders that you wish to transfer and select them.
- To select all the files or folders, click on them one by one while holding down the Ctrl Button.
- After selecting all the files or folders, drag them to the drive window and drop them.
- Now, you can see that all the Selected Files are transferred to the drive window.
Using the copy & paste option
If you find the drag and drop option difficult to transfer the files or folders, then you can use the copy & paste option instead.
- Open the drive and the folder windows separately.
- Make sure that both the windows are restored down.
- Now, select and copy the files or folders that you wish to transfer.
- After doing it, go to the drive window and paste the copied files or folders.
Initially, check if you have reformatted the drive to work with the Mac computer. If not, reformat it now. After reformatting the drive, you can either use the File menu/copy & paste, right-click menu/copy & paste, drag-and-drop option, or the keyboard commands to transfer files from your computer to the drive.
Using the copy and paste option
- Choose the document or photo files you wish to transfer to the drive and copy them.
- After selecting all the files, go to the drive folder.
- Now, right-click on the blank area of the drive screen and select the Paste option.
- Choose the desired files or folders that you want to copy by pressing the C Button while holding down the Command button.
- After selecting the files, go to the drive screen and paste them using the P Button while holding down the Command button.
You can also use the button combo to copy and paste the files to the drive. To do so, follow the instructions given here.
To know more about how to Transfer Files Expansion 8TB Desktop Drive, contact us.