- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 12tb Portable External Drive
SEAGATE TROUBLESHOOTING WIRELESS PLUS 6TB PORTABLE EXTERNAL DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Using Seagate Wireless Plus, travel anywhere with all your digital content stored in it. Since it is a wireless storage device, you can use it on your Wi-Fi-enabled computer or tablet. Sometimes, the device may trouble you with the most annoying problems, such as low Wi-Fi transfer speed, contents not displaying on the Seagate Media app, or not connecting to a wireless device. In this post, you’ll find how to troubleshoot the problems caused by your Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 6TB Portable External Drive. If the device is not connecting properly, make sure that you have an active Internet connection. Otherwise, reconnect the device. Here’s how to do it.
- On your mobile device, go to the Settings Menu.
- Now, turn off your mobile and wait for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the mobile device’s Wi-Fi.
- Now check whether your Seagate wireless plus is connecting to the network.
If the Wi-Fi transfer speed is low or the hard drive is not connecting properly, make sure that you follow the steps given below.
Troubleshooting the Wi-Fi issue
- While powering on the drive, you need to wait for at least a few seconds until the LED turns solid blue.
- When using your smartphone, make sure that you’ve downloaded the Seagate Media App. It is available on the App Store and Play Store.
- Make sure that the Wireless Plus device is selected on your device’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Ensure that you are not connected to any wireless network. Disconnect the connector from the network you are connected to.
- Before you begin, you need to Back Up all your data.
- Press the Reset button with a paperclip. You can locate the button at the back of your Seagate Wireless Plus External Hard Drive.
- After few seconds, release the button. By doing this, your drive starts to reset.
- Turn off your Storage Device.
- A few minutes later, turn on the drive.
- Now, connect the drive to Wi-Fi using your mobile.
If your Seagate Wireless Plus storage device does not detect the Wi-Fi signal, make sure that you follow the steps given below to resolve the problem.
That’s it. Implement the solutions mentioned above to fix the issues on your Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 6TB Portable External Drive.