- Seagate Support »
- CONNECT SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS HUB 12TB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE TO PC
Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 12TB Portable External Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate External Hard Drive is very popular in the market and stands tall among its competitors. It has a sophisticated design and a large capacity to store a huge amount of data. But it is still a piece of hard drive, and errors can occur now and then. On a basic level, you can download the latest version of the firmware from the manufacturer’s website to sort the minor issues. Still, if your Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 12TB Portable External Drive is not performing like before, then do check out the following troubleshooting methods.
CHECK THE OVERALL CONNECTIONS;
- Ensure that the Seagate hard drive’s Wi-Fi mode is turned off.
- If not, then press the Power button and wait until the blue Wi-Fi light turns off.
- Use the original cable or an 18-inch USB cable to connect the drive with your PC.
- If the USB cable is damaged from any side, then this may lead to the Seagate 12TB external hard drive malfunctioning. So, buy a new USB cable and connect it to your PC.
- If the hard drive starts working like before, this means that the fault is with the USB cable and not with the Seagate external hard drive.
TRY OUT A NEW USB PORT:
- Sometimes, due to less usage or no usage, USB ports do not function properly. So, ensure that the USB ports are functioning properly on your PC.
- If your PC has multiple USB ports, then try to connect the Seagate 12TB external drive to another port.
- If your Seagate hard drive is recognized by connecting to another USB port, then the troubleshooting steps are over.
- If the issue is not solved, then follow the below troubleshooting methods.
ASSIGN A DIFFERENT DRIVE LETTER:
- There are two ways of assigning a drive letter for your Seagate external hard drive.
- One is by using the Windows built-in Disk Management, and the other is by using any third-party Seagate ultra-partition manager.
- Disk Management is a Windows built-in disk partitioning tool with some basic features, such as managing the disk, disk partitioning, formatting the drive, shrink partition, delete partition, change drive letter, etc.
Follow the below-stated steps one by one to change the drive letter.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and type Disk Management.
- Go to the Disk Management Window and select the Seagate hard drive on the main interface.
- Right-click on it and choose the Change drive letter and paths option from the drop-down menu. Follow the on-screen instructions and assign a drive letter to your Seagate device.
- Click on the Add button from the small dialog box.
- After that, you have to go back to the main interface to check whether you are able to access the Seagate external hard drive.
- Keep in mind that Disk Management will help you change the drive letter but may lack some of the essential features.
CHECK FOR VIRUS ATTACKS ON YOUR PC:
- It may sound weird, but using the Antivirus Software might solve your Seagate drive issues.
- Usually, malware or virus attacks might result in the malfunctioning of the Seagate external hard drive.
- So, run a complete system scan to identify the malware on your PC.
- If you find any malware on your computer, fix the same as soon as possible.
- If nothing works out for you, send the hard drive back to the repair center to check the whole hard drive (internally as well as externally).
So, these are some of the simple troubleshooting methods you can follow to get rid of the Seagate Troubleshooting Wireless Plus 12TB Portable External Drive issues. Furthermore, if you come across any doubts regarding the above topics, feel free to take our service.