- Seagate Support »
- Transfer Files Backup Plus Slim 500GB Portable Drive
Seagate Slim Portable 500GB Hard Drive Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Slim portable 500GB Hard Drive is a slim USM (Universal Storage Module) that is the thinnest external hard drive for those who want to back up their digital lives and take it on-the-go. The hard drive has a save feature. Data can be backed up from social networks as well. The share feature on the Seagate drive allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer.
- For Windows, the supported version are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows8, or higher.
- For Mac, the operating system can be Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- System memory needs to be 1GB or higher for 32-bit systems, 2GB and higher for 64-bit systems.
Steps for Seagate Slim portable Hard Drive Setup:
- A New Seagate Slim Hard Drive comes with a printed guide and a USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable to your drive.
- Switch on your computer and connect the drive to it with the help of the USB cable.
- Your computer will automatically recognize the drive and open one of the following:
- Dialog box: Select Open folder to view files and then select Seagate Dashboard installer.exe to begin the installation.
- Folder view: Select Seagate Dashboard installer to install Seagate Hard Drive.
- Other: If your system opens a different prompt menu, close it and access the installation files by going to the Start menu and opening the drive. Select the Seagate Dashboard installer file.
- Once the installation has begun, close any open folders to see the installation progress.
- When the installation has been finished, click Finish.
- Accept the Licence Agreement to install the Seagate Dashboard software.
- If a firewall notification pops up, click Allow Access.
- You have now installed the Seagate Dashboard and can start backing up your files.
- Now, the Seagate Slim portable 500GB Hard Driver setup is complete.