- Seagate Support »
- How To Setup Seagate Skyhawk AI 16TB Hard Drive?
Setting Up Your Seagate Skyhawk Ai 16tb Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate SkyHawk AI 16TB hard drive has an AI-enabled surveillance system that is designed to manage heavy workloads. To perform the Seagate Skyhawk AI 16TB hard drive setup, perform the quick steps on this web page.
Some of the features of the hard drive are listed here for your reference.
- 7200 RPM spindle speed
- 256 MB data buffer
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability
- High instantaneous data-transfer rates
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting
- Supports latching SATA cables and connectors
- Recording density – 2426 (Kb/in max)
- Average latency – 4.16ms
- I/O data-transfer rate – 600 MB/s max
- Cache buffer – 256MB
Configuring The Drive
- Unpack the drive and continue with the following steps to set up the Seagate SkyHawk AI 16TB hard drive.
- Access your computer’s motherboard or Serial ATA host adapter.
- Insert one end of the drive’s interface cable into the Serial ATA interface connector.
- Make sure to connect the interface and power cables to the drive.
- Mount the drive with four screws.
- Note: Do not overtighten the screws. It might damage the hard drive.
Configuring The BIOS
- Restart your computer.
- When the computer begins to start, press the Delete, Esc, or F1 key.
- When the BIOS setup program starts, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once done, save the settings and restart the computer.
- Now, check if the computer detects the hard drive.
- Finally, you have completed the setup.
If you need assistance from our technical experts in performing the Seagate Skyhawk AI 16TB hard drive setup , click the Call button on this page.