- Seagate Support »
- Seagate SkyHawk AI 16TB Hard Drive Setup
Seagate SkyHawk AI 14TB Hard Drive Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate SkyHawk AI 14TB Hard Drive is designed to perform heavy-duty surveillance work for network video recorders and surveillance DVRs. This drive provides:
- A 256MB data buffer.
- 7200 RPM spindle speed.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer without local processor intervention.
- To know how to set up the SkyHawk drive, keep reading the instructions below.
Mounting The Hard Drive:
- To begin with, Turn Off your Windows computer and open the Hard Drive mounting area.
- Unpack the Seagate SkyHawk Hard Drive and fix it in the mounting bay with proper screws.
- Connect the SATA Cables and connectors to the drive and close the hard drive mounting case.
- Turn on your computer and log in to your account with Administrator Rights.
Setting up The Seagate SkyHawk AI 14TB Hard Drive:
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘compmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key to open the Disk Management.
- Alternatively, right-click the Start menu and click the Disk Management tab.
- In the Disk Management window, give a right-click on the Unallocated box and click on New Partition. Doing so will open the partition wizard.
- Click Next in the New Partition Wizard and choose your partition type.
- Specify the size of your Seagate SkyHawk hard drive in the Partition size in MB field.
- Click Next and manually assign a New letter for your drive.
- Make sure to Assign a new drive letter.
- Click on Format this partition with the following settings to open the Format Dialog Box.
- Next, choose either NTFS or exFAT from the Format drop-down menu.
- After verifying the configured settings, click the Finish Button to format and create a partition on your hard drive.
- You have now completed the Seagate SkyHawk AI 14TB Hard Drive setup.