- Seagate Support »
- How To Install Seagate Game Drive For Xbox
How To Install Seagate Game Drive For Xbox
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate SkyHawk 8TB Hard Drive is widely used for surveillance of digital video recording and network video recording due to its enormous storage and security features. The built-in RV sensors allow the drive to maintain its performance by offering more storage when needed. As it consumes less power in real-time usage, it reduces the heat emission and improves the overall reliability. Above all, you can monitor the hard drive using the SkyHawk Health Management software. It can sustain recordings from up to 64 High Definition cameras for smooth and uninterrupted footage.
Considering all the above-stated features, let’s see the Seagate SkyHawk 8TB Hard Drive setup process in detail.
SEAGATE SKYHAWK SETUP :
- Ensure that you have adequate space on your CPU to fit in your new Seagate SkyHawk Hard Drive.
- Before setting up the hard drive, you need to buy a SATA cable and a Power cable.
- Position your hard drive properly in its slots in the CPU by tightening the screws without any damage.
- Insert the SATA cable’s one end to the Hard Drive and the other end to the Motherboard.
- Similarly, connect the power cable to the driver and the SMPS in your CPU.
- Now, you have successfully mounted the Seagate SkyHawk 8TB Hard Drive in your CPU.
FINAL SETUP :
- Turn on your computer and open File Explorer. You won’t see your hard drive.
- Now, open the Disk Management window on your computer.
- Double click on the option Create and format Hard Disk Partitions.
- A dialog box opens up showing your hard drive. You need to select GPT (GUID Partition Table) as your hard drive’s memory capacity is above 2TB. Now, Click OK.
- If you scroll down, you will see that your Hard Drive’s Memory Space is unallocated.
- Right-click on the drive and select the New Simple Volume option.
- Click Next and then partition your drive as per your wish.
- You need to assign the drive letter for your Seagate SkyHawk Hard Drive.
- You can assign a name for your drive in the Volume label Menu.
- Don’t select the Enable file and folder compression menu, as it may lead to a minor drop in performance.
- Finally, click Finish and the installation process will be complete.
- You can now see your hard drive listed in the File Explorer window.
- If you need remote assistance for the Seagate SkyHawk 8TB Hard Drive setup, contact us by clicking on the CALL Button.