- Seagate Support »
- Seagate SkyHawk 4TB Setup
Seagate SkyHawk 3TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate SkyHawk 3TB Hard Drive internal hard drive is used for Surveillance Systems. It is designed to work 24/7. This page deals with the procedure for the Seagate SkyHawk 3TB drive setup.
Additional Components Needed
- A screwdriver and four 6-32 drive mounting screws.
- A SATA interface cable.
- A power cable or adapter (optional).
- A windows version with the NTFS file system.
- A motherboard with a SATA cable connector.
Connecting Cables And Mounting The Drive:
- Unscrew the CPU cabinet and open the cabinet.
- Now attach one end of the Series SATA power cable to the Seagate SkyHawk 3TB Drive and connect another end to the motherboard SATA cable connector.
- Now attach the interface and power cable to the Hard Drive.
- Secure the Seagate SkyHawk drive using four 6-32 inch mounting screws on either side. Do not overtighten the screws; it may damage the hard disk.
- Finally, close the CPU cabinet and turn on the computer.
Steps To Create Partition/Volume:
- Turn ON the computer.
- Select the Start button > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrator Tools > Computer Management. Or select the Start button and type disk partition and select Create and format hard disk partition.
- In the left pane, under the Storage, select Disk Management.
- Right-click on the unallocated region for the Seagate SkyHawk hard drive and then select New Simple Volume.
- A wizard opens and you have to Select Next.
- You can use the default maximum size or enter the preferred volume in megabytes(MB) and select Next.
- To change the drive letter, select the radio button on Assign the following drive letter option. Click the drop-down button, choose the drive letter, and click Next.
- Now, on the Format Partition wizard, set the file system to NTFS and, if required, change the volume Name and click Next.
- Click the Finish button to complete the Seagate SkyHawk 3TB Hard Drive setup.