- Seagate Support »
- Seagate SkyHawk 12TB Setup
Seagate SkyHawk 2TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate SkyHawk 2TB Hard Drive Setup is widely used for storing surveillance data from digital video recording and network video recording devices. It has built-in RV sensors that allow the drive to maintain performance in several systems by offering more storage when needed. It consumes less power in real-time usage, reducing the heat emission and improving the overall hard drive reliability. Above all, you can monitor the hard drive using the SkyHawk Health Management software.
It can sustain recordings up to 64 High Definition Cameras for smooth and uninterrupted footage with a speed of 5900 rpm/minutes. It provides a point-to-point configuration with the serial ATA host adapter, as there is no master/slave relationship with serial ATA devices. If you attach two devices on one serial ATA host adapter, the host operating system considers both the devices as “masters” on two separate ports. Considering all the above-stated features, we will see the Seagate SkyHawk 2TB Hard Drive Setup process in detail.
SEAGATE SKYHAWK INITIAL SETUP
- Ensure that you have adequate space on your CPU to fit in your new Seagate SkyHawk 2TB Hard Drive.
- Before setting up your hard drive, you need to buy a SATA Cable and a Power cable. The SATA cable helps to establish a connection between the hard drive and the Motherboard.
- The power cable helps to connect your Hard Drive with the power supply.
- You also need some screws to fix your hard drive firmly.
- Position your hard drive properly by tightening up the screws without any damage.
- Insert your SATA cable’s one end to the hard drive and the other end to the motherboard.
- Insert your Power cable’s one end to the hard drive and the other end to the Power supply (SMPS) inside your CPU.
- Now, tighten the screws to close all the openings which you have made to Install your hard drive.
SEAGATE SKYHAWK FINAL SETUP :
- Turn on your Windows computer and open File Explorer. You won’t be able to see your hard drive.
- To the right side of the Windows start icon, you will find the search bar.
- Type disk management and press the Enter key. You will see Create and format hard disk partitions. Double click on it.
- A dialog box opens up showing your hard drive. You need to select GPT (GUID Partition Table) and click OK.
- If you start scrolling down the window, you will see that your hard drive with the status showing unallocated.
- Right-click on it and select the New Simple Volume option.
- A new simple volume wizard opens up. Click Next.
- Now you can partition your drive as per your wish and click Next.
- You need to assign the alphabetic letter for your hard drive. Choose accordingly and click Next.
- You can assign a name for your hard drive in the volume label menu.
- Don’t check the Enable file and folder compression menu, as it may lead to a minor drop in performance. Then click Next.
- Now click Finish and the installation process is completed successfully.
- You will find your Seagate SkyHawk Hard Drive in the File Explorer window.
- You can also cross-check the memory available in the hard drive by right-clicking it. You will find the memory space available under Properties.
- You have now successfully completed the Seagate SkyHawk 2TB Hard Drive Setup.