- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Skyhawk 8TB Setup
Seagate Skyhawk 12TB Hard Drive Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate SkyHawk 12TB is an internal hard drive that ensures uninterrupted data transfers. It is engineered for 24/7 workloads. This internal hard drive supports up to 64 HD Cameras. For detailed instructions about the Seagate SkyHawk 12TB Hard Drive Setup, go through the steps below.
Mounting Seagate SkyHawk 12TB As Secondary Hard Drive
- First, turn on your computer and unplug the Power Cable.
- Open the hard drive mounting case and attach the drive interface cable to the Serial ATA Interface Connector.
- Next, attach the interface and power cables to the drive.
- Secure the drive using the Mounting Screws and close the hard drive mounting case.
- Connect the power cable again to the computer and Turn It On.
- Log in to your Windows account with Administrator Rights.
- Start setting up the Seagate Hard Drive.
Formatting The Seagate SkyHawk Drive On Windows
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R.
- Type ‘diskmgmt.msc’ in the command box and click OK to open Disk Management.
- Alternatively, right-click the Start menu and select the Disk Management option. This will open the Disk Management window.
- Locate and right-click the >Unallocated Box in the Disk Management window.
- Select the Initialize Disk option.
- Choose either MBR or GPT as your partition style and click the OK button.
- The hard drive should be mentioned as Unallocated until now.
- Once again, right-click the Unallocated box and select the New Simple Volume Option.
- In the New Simple Volume wizard, click the Next Button and specify the volume size.
- Assign a new drive letter or path for your Seagate SkyHawk 12TB Drive.
- Click the File System Drop-Down Menu and select any one of the following file formats.
- NTFS – allows you to connect the storage device to Windows computers and won’t allow you to use it on Mac.
- ExFAT – allows you to use the drive on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- If necessary, give a name for your drive in the Volume Label Field.
- Click Next and then select Finish to complete the Seagate SkyHawk 12TB Hard Drive Setup on Windows.