- Seagate Support »
- Seagate One Touch HDD 1TB Setup
Seagate One Touch HDD 5TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate One Touch HDD 5TB can be used to store your data on both Windows and Mac devices. You can continuously auto-backup your media, create mirror folders for seamless file management, and protect all your files with Sync Plus software. For detailed instructions about the Seagate One Touch HDD 5TB Setup, go through the steps below.
Setting Up The Drive On Windows:
- To begin with, connect your Seagate One Touch Hard Disk Drive to your Windows computer using the supplied USB Cable.
- Next, open File Explorer and click on the Seagate drive from the left-side panel.
- On the right-side panel, click to launch Start Here Win.
- On the Register screen, input your details and select all the Checkboxes. Click OK to register your Seagate One Touch Drive.
- When you are asked to install the Toolkit app, click the blue Download button.
- Ensure that you have a Stable Internet Connection and wait until the download is finished.
- Once again, open File Explorer and then go to the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the SeagateToolkit.exe file to launch the Toolkit app.
- Using the Toolkit app, you can do tasks like creating mirror folders, setting up Sync Plans, and more.
- If you have decided to use the drive only with your Windows computer, optimize File Copy performance by formatting the drive to NTFS.
- With this, the Seagate One Touch HDD 5TB Setup will be complete on your Windows computer.
Setting Up The Drive On Macintosh:
- First, connect your Seagate One Touch Hard Disk Drive to your Mac using the supplied USB cable.
- On your Mac, open Finder and navigate to the left-side panel.
- Select the Seagate Drive below Devices.
- Click on Start Here Mac.
- Input your details to register your Seagate One Touch HDD.
- Click the Register button and then download the Toolkit app.
- Open the downloaded file and click on Seagate Toolkit Installer to launch the app.
- Create a Quick Sync and mirror folder using the Toolkit App.
- If necessary, format your drive using the Toolkit App or Disk Utility.
- For manual formatting, open Disk Utility and select your Hard Disk Drive from the left-side panel.
- Click the Erase button and choose the required format from the Format drop-down menu.
- Give a name for your Hard Drive and click the Erase button to Complete the drive format.
- You have now completed the Seagate One Touch HDD 5TB setup on your Mac.