- Seagate Support »
- Seagate One Touch Hdd 2tb Hard Drive Setup
Seagate One Touch Hdd 2tb Hard Drive Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The ultra-small, portable, and external hard drive “Seagate One Touch HDD” is designed to access your favorite videos, photos, and other types of files securely and at any time you need. It comes with a quick plug-and-play USB 3.0 connectivity and the auto or scheduled backup feature. This drive also includes a one-year complimentary subscription to Mylio Create that allows you to edit, manage, and share your files easily. The below section explains how to perform the Seagate One Touch HDD 2TB Hard Drive Setup for the first time. Initially, check whether the following items are available inside the product box:
- Seagate One Touch HDD 2TB hard drive with password
- USB 3.0 cable
- Downloadable Toolkit Software
- Quick Start guide
- Important documents related to the drive
Quick steps to perform the Seagate One Touch HDD 2TB Hard Drive Setup
Step 1: Physical setup
- Initially, make sure that your Windows or Mac computer meets the system requirement of the Seagate drive.
- Now, get the USB 3.0 cable of your drive.
- Plug the cable in between the drive and your computer.
- Make sure that the cable is connected securely.
- Now, turn on the computer and check whether the connected external drive is displayed in the My Computer or Devices window.
- If yes, go to step 2. Otherwise, re-perform the physical setup.
Step 2: Product registration
- In the My Computer or Devices window of your computer, locate and double-click on the Seagate drive.
- As soon as you click on it, the window titled Product Registration will open on your computer browser.
- If this window fails to open, then check whether your computer is connected to the Internet. Connect the computer to the network if it is not connected.
- In the Product Registration window, select your country/region, the preferred language from the drop-down menu given, and type the asked details in the corresponding fields.
- Finally, click on the REGISTER PRODUCT button.
Step 3: Install Toolkit
The final step of the Seagate One Touch HDD 2TB Hard Drive Setup is installing the drive’s Toolkit software. Open the Toolkit software and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer. Based on your OS type, the Toolkit installation procedure might vary a little bit. The following instructions are suitable only for the Windows OS.
- Open the Toolkit software.
- If prompted, sign in to your Seagate account.
- Perform the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, click on the Finish button.
To get remote assistance in performing the Seagate One Touch HDD 2TB Hard Drive Setup, contact us.