- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 6TB NAS HARD DRIVE
SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 6TB NAS HARD DRIVE SETUP
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS Hard Drive is built for multi-user environments. This drive comes with AgileArray technology. Unboxing, mounting, and setting up a drive is quite challenging when it comes to an internal hard drive. But, you can set up this hard drive easily when compared to other internal drives. Scroll down this page to know how to perform the Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS hard drive for the first time.
Along with the hard drive, a power cable, data cable, and user guide is provided. If you find any one of the above-mentioned components missing inside the product box, then contact the dealer or manufacturer to get the missing one.
Now, let’s see Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS Hard Drive setup procedure.
Step 1: Hardware setup
- If you’re going to replace old hard drive with a new Seagate drive, then first, you need to remove it from computer’s CPU.
- Turn off computer if it is turned on.
- Once the computer is shut down completely, unplug its power cable from the wall outlet.
- Make sure to disconnect the external devices other than the mouse and keyboard from computer’s CPU.
- Now, open the CPU cover.
- Locate the drive slot.
- Unplug the cable connecting the drive.
- Gently, take the existing drive out of the slot.
- Place the Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB Hard Drive in the drive slot.
- Plug in the necessary cables properly.
- Close the cover.
- In case if you’re planning to extend the storage capacity of computer, then check whether an extra drive slot is available.
- If yes, place the new Seagate drive in it and connect the corresponding cables to it.
- Now, close the CPU cover.
- Reconnect the computer’s power cable to the outlet.
- Congratulations! You have successfully completed the first step of the Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS hard drive setup.
Step 2: Configuring the drive settings
- Turn on your computer.
- Open the My Computer window.
- Look for the newly installed Seagate drive.
- Usually, the newly installed drive will not show up on My Computer.
- To make it visible, you need to make some changes in the Disk Management window. Perform the following instruction to complete the Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS Hard Drive setup.
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type Disk Management in the search box.
- From the list of suggestions, click on the Create and format hard disk partitions option.
- Now, you can see a pop-up dialog box titled Initialize Disk in the Disk Management window.
- In Initialize Disk dialog box, make sure that Disk 1 and the GPT partition are selected.
- Click on the OK button.
- Now, you can see Seagate 6TB Desktop External Hard Drive labeled as Unallocated.
- Right-click on the Seagate drive section.
- Click on the New Simple Volume option followed by Next > Next.
- In the Format Partition window, type the desired name for your hard drive in the Volume label field and click Next > Finish.
- Now, go to the My Computer window and check whether the drive icon is displayed.
- If yes, you can access it to store your data.
To know more about the Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB NAS Hard Drive setup process, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.