- Seagate Support »
- How To Setup Seagate Ironwolf 8tb Nas Hard Drive?
Seagate Ironwolf 8tb Nas Hard Drive Configuration
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
On this page, we will see how to perform the Seagate Ironwolf 8TB Nas hard drive setup in detail.
The Seagate IronWolf 8TB hard drive is built for a multi-user environment. This hard drive is enhanced with AgileArray technology for system scalability and optimal reliability. Its IHM (IronWolf Health Management) offers actionable prevention, intervention, and recovery options. This hard drive will be the right choice if you’re looking to expand your desktop storage. The key advantages of the IronWolf 8TB hard drive are given below:
- Protects your Network Attached Storage (NAS) with the help of IHM
- High performance
- Rotational Vibration (RV) sensors
- Always-accessible 24*7 performance
- Rescue Data Recovery Services
- Suitable for a multi-user environment
Scroll down this page to know how to perform the Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS hard drive setup for the first time.Before going to the setup process, let’s see the components provided with the hard drive.
- Power cable
- Data cables
- User guide and other documents
Step 1: Hardware Setup
- Shut down your desktop if it is powered on.
- Unplug the power cable and all the other external cables from your desktop’s CPU.
- Now, open the CPU cover.
- Locate the hard drive slot.
- If you wish to replace the existing hard drive with your new Seagate IronWolf hard drive, then remove the existing one from its tray.
- To expand the storage along with the existing one, locate the drive tray inside the CPU, pull it out.
- Unpack the Seagate IronWolf 8 TB hard drive from its package.
- Place the hard drive in the tray.
- Connect the power and data cables securely between the drive and the CPU.
- Make sure to connect the cables correctly.
- Now, close the CPU cover.
- Reconnect the cables into the CPU and turn on your desktop.
- Scroll down this page to know the remaining steps of the Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS hard drive setup.
Step 2: Hard Drive Configuration On Desktop
- Sign in to your desktop computer with admin rights.
- Usually, a newly installed hard drive will not be shown in the My Computer window. To make it visible, follow the below instructions.
- Click anywhere in the Search box available on the taskbar and type Disk Management.
- From the list of suggestions, select the Create and format hard disk partitions option.
- Now, a pop-up dialog box titled Initialize Disk will appear in the Disk Management window.
- Choose the GPT option and click OK.
- Now, you will see the newly installed drive labeled as Unallocated.
- Right-click on the Unallocated drive and select the New Simple Volumeoption. Click Next > Next > Next.
- Type the drive label of your desire in the Format Partition dialog box and click Next > Finish.
- Now, your newly installed Seagate IronWolf hard drive will be displayed in the My Computer window.
To get remote assistance for performing the Seagate Ironwolf 8TB Nas hard drive setup, contact us.