- Seagate Support »
- Why Won’t My Seagate Hard Drive Show Up On My Mac?
Seagate Hard Drive Is Not Showing Up On Mac
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate hard drives are one of those amazing external hard drive devices. The Seagate hard drives are well suited for both Mac and Windows computers. These drives come in many names, such as Ultra Slim, Portable, and Slim. There are plenty of Mac users who are facing the Seagate hard drive not showing up Mac issue.
Causes For The Issue
- A recent Mac OS update can cause incompatibility.
- The Seagate hard drive is password protected.
- There is a problem with the USB slot or a fault with the USB cable connecting the hard drive and the Mac.
- No proper power supply.
- Disk drivers have not been updated.
- Remove the Seagate external hard drive from the Mac computer and re-insert it into the USB slot to see if the hard drive light shows up.
- Try plugging the hard drive into a different USB slot to see if it works.
- If the USB cable appears to be damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Connect the hard drive to a different Mac to rule out the error with the hard drive.
Method 1: Enable Hard drive In Finder Preference
- Click the Finder icon on the desktop screen on your Mac computer.
- Select the Preferences option and then select Sidebar.
- Under the Locations section, click the checkbox for the External disks option.
- Click or select the General tab.
- Under the Show these items on the desktop portion, click the checkbox for the option External disks.
Method 1: Repair Hard Drive With First Aid
- Click the Launchpad (Rocket) icon in the dock section.
- Click Other, then locate and click the Disk Utility option.
- On the left pane, select the unmounted Seagate hard drive.
- Select the Firstaid option from the top.
- Click the Run button to repair the hard drive.
- Now, the Seagate hard drive not showing on Mac issue should be fixed.
Recover And Reformat Seagate Hard Drive
There are quite a few third-party data recovery applications that are available for download.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Open the Safari browser.
- Enter the URL for EaseUS Data Recovery in the address bar, then press Return.
- When the page opens, you will be taken to the Easeus Data recovery website.
- Click the Download for Mac option.
- Once the file is downloaded completely, run the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the setup for the EaseUS Data Recovery software.
- Once complete, launch the application and it will show the drives on your Mac computer.
- Click the Seagate hard drive and click Scan.
- A deep scan will now take place, once it’s complete, click Recover Now button.
- Select a folder to retrieve all the data from the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Finder icon.
- Select the following options Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- On the left pane, select the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Erase button.
- Click the Done button once the format is complete. If still your seagate hard drive not showing up mac, contact our technical team.