- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Hard Drive Not Working Mac
Hard Drive Not Recognized On Mac
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
When you connect the Seagate hard drive to your Mac computer, does it not respond? Then you are not the only one facing such a problem. Many users have reported that the Seagate hard drive not recognized Mac, and there are different reasons for this issue. Here are the different methods to fix the issue.
Method-1: Check the hardware connections
- If you are connecting the drive to the same port on Mac repeatedly, connect it to another port to see if the drive is detected.
- Try changing the USB cable used for connecting the drive to the computer.
- Connect the drive to some other computer or laptop and check if the other device recognizes the drive.
- Sometimes the power adapter connection can be loose. So secure the power cable and change the power outlet if needed.
Method-2: See in the Disk Utility
- Open the Finder app on the dock, go to the Applications window, and open the Utilities folder.
- Double-click the Disk Utility menu to launch it on the screen.
- See if the Seagate drive name appears on the left panel of the Disk Utility window.
- If the name is not present, then click Show All Devices at the top of the window to view all the drives on the system.
- You can find an intended entry that can be your drive, select it, and click Mount.
- When the drive does not open on the system, then definitely there is an issue.
- Now, select the entry again and click First Aid.
- Following that, select the Verify Disk menu to identify the problem on the drive.
- When the process is completed, either repair the disk or recover the data and format the drive.
If you having any further queries regarding how to fix Seagate hard drive not recognized Mac. Click the call button available on the screen.