- Seagate Support »
- Hard Drive Error Code 10
Seagate Hard Drive Error Code 10
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate hard drive is an external device that can store all your digital data. At times, the drive shows the error code10, which indicates the drive is failing due to various reasons such as using old device driver, corrupted file, or when the system does not detect the drive. The error is indicated by a small yellow symbol near the Seagate icon. Try the solution to fix the Seagate hard drive error code 10 discussed below.
You need to check if the drive is working correctly with the given procedure.
- Open the Windows Explorer and right-click the My PC or My Computer menu.
- Select the Manage option and click Disk Management on the left side panel.
- Navigate to the bottom of the window and find the Seagate drive.
- Continue to repair the drive in the Disk Management itself.
- Now, click Device Manager from the left panel and choose Disk drives.
- When you cannot find the drive under Disk drives, click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- The USB storage devices connected to the system appears in the window.
- Check if the yellow icon is appearing near the Seagate drive name. Open the drive.
- Following that, the Properties window opens up with the error code 10.
- After that, connect the drive to some other computer and see if it is working.
- In case it is not working, then go on to replace the drive using the warranty service provided during the purchase.
- If the code 10 is not present, and instead, some other error code appears, then test the drive on other devices.
- If it works well on the other device, check the USB port of the computer and update the device drivers.
- By using these steps we can execute the seagate hard drive error code 10.