- Seagate Support »
- Hard Drive Corrupted and Unreadable
Seagate Hard Drive Corrupted and Unreadable
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
You should be having basic knowledge that a hard drive is a storage device similar to that of an SSD. The primary use of the hard drive is that it helps to store or back up data. You might find a hard drive more valuable and useful because you can carry it along with you. But when the hard drive crashes or if it gets corrupted, then you won’t be able to read the data from your hard drive.
Follow one or more methods explained here in order to fix a Seagate hard drive corrupted and unreadable.
Method 1: CHDSK in Command prompt
- Click the Windows (Start) icon on the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- Locate and right-click on the Command prompt option and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Enter the command ‘chkdsk drive_alphabet: /f’ and press Enter.
- This will check for errors in the Seagate hard drive.
Method 2: Partition Manager
- You can download the Easeus partition manager application.
- Open the default browser.
- Enter the Easeus URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Download the Easeus partition manager to your Windows computer.
- Now open Easeus partition master and locate the connected Seagate hard drive.
- Right-click on the hard drive and select the option Check File System.
- The Check File System window will open. Click the Start button.
- The partition system will now start to check the hard drive.
- Once the scanning is completed, click the Finish button.
- Follow these steps to fix the Seagate hard drive corrupted and unreadable.
Method 3: Recover Data
So now, what if you want to recover the data from the damaged and unreadable hard drive? Well, you can be relieved because there are quite a few third-party data recovery applications that will help you recover data. Here are some frequently used third-party data recovery applications.
Let us see the steps to use the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard:
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- You now have to enter the Easeus URL in the address bar of the browser and press the Enter key.
- When the Easeus page opens, you will find two options on the screen:
- Download for PC (Windows Logo)
- Download for Mac
- Click the Download for PC option and proceed to the next step.
- The file in the format .exe will be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to the download option in the browser and double-click the downloaded file.
- Now you can start with the installation of the Easeus Data Recovery wizard application.
- Run the setup file.
- Click the I Agree checkbox in the setup wizard.
- Once installed, launch the Easeus recovery tool.
- The recovery tool will now show the list of drives available on your computer.
- Connect the damaged Seagate hard drive to one of the ports on the computer. You can now see the connected hard drive detected in the Easeus data recovery application.
- Click on the hard drive and click the Scan button.
- The Easeus recovery tool will now scan the hard drive thoroughly.
- You can see the preview of the files and other documents that are stored on the damaged Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Filter option on the top portion of the application and click the option that says Lost files.
- You can also select All Files from the Filter drop-down list and then click the Recover button.
- The Browse for Folder window will open. Select the folder in which you want to save the recovered files from the Easeus Recovery application.
If you need a remote assistance to fix Seagate hard drive corrupted and unreadable. Click the call button available on the screen.