- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Hard Drive Is Not Working
Seagate External Hard Drive Is Not Working
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
You might find a hard drive more valuable and useful. Because you get to carry it along with you at all costs, but the Seagate external hard drive not working at some times and you might be at the risk of losing your data.
- Frequent crashes
- Bad blocks in the drive
- The drive becomes read-only and not working.
Follow the methods given here in order to fix the Seagate hard drive which is not working.
METHOD 1: CHDSK In Command prompt
- Connect your Seagate hard drive to your Windows computer.
- Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- Locate and right-click on the Command prompt option, then select the Run as Administrator option.
- Enter the chkdsk (Drive alphabet): /f command.
- This will check for errors in the drive and fix them.
METHOD 2: Partition Manager
- You can download the Easeus partition manager.
- Open the default browser.
- Enter the Easeus URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Download the Easeus partition manager to your Windows computer.
- Now, open the Easeus partition master and locate the connected Seagate hard drive.
- Right-click on the hard drive and select the option Check File System.
- The Check File System window will open, then click the Start button.
- The partition system will now start checking your hard drive.
- Once the scanning is complete, click the Finish button.
METHOD 3: Recover Data
- Recovery of data can be the last solution.
- Here are some frequently used third-party data recovery applications that are available for download.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- You have to enter the Easeus URL in the address bar of the browser. Press the Enter button when done.
- When the page opens, you will be taken to the Easeus website.
- Just right in front of you, you will find two options on the screen:
- Download for PC (Windows Logo)
- Download for Mac
- Click the Download for PC option and proceed to the next step.
- Run the setup file and install the data recovery software.
- The Easeus data recovery software will now show the list of drives available on your computer.
- Insert the unreadable Seagate hard drive to one of the ports on the computer. You can now see the connected hard drive detected in the Easeus data recovery application.
- Select the drive and click the Scan button.
- The application will now scan the hard drive thoroughly.
- You can see the preview of the files and other documents that are stored in the damaged Seagate hard drive.
- Click the Filter option at the top and click the option Lost files.
- You can also select All Files from the Filter drop-down list and then click the Recover button from the bottom.
- The Browse for Folder window will open. Select the folder in which you want to save the recovered files from the Easeus Recovery application.
- You have now recovered the data from your Seagate external hard drive not working issue.