- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE EXPANSION SSD 8TB SETUP
SEAGATE EXPANSION SSD 8TB SETUP
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB is used as an alternative for expanding the storage on a PC. It is mainly preferred because it has an in-built RV sensor that allows the hard drive to maintain performance in several systems by offering more storage space when needed. The Seagate Expansion drive consumes less power in real-time usage, reducing the heat emission and improving the overall reliability. With all that said, let us jump straightaway to the Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB hard drive setup.
- Turn on your computer.
- Make sure that your PC has an uninterrupted power supply till the overall setup is over.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB hard drive.
- Simply plug the other end into your computer’s USB port.
- Once appropriately connected, wait for a few seconds so that your computer detects the drive for use.
- Once mounted successfully, you will be able to see the Seagate External hard drive icon on your desktop window.
SEAGATE EXPANSION 8TB HARD DRIVE SETUP:
- Open File Explorer.
- At first, you might not be able to see the Seagate drive.
- Type disk management in the Windows search bar and press the Enter key.
- Now you will see Create and format hard disk partitions; double click on it.
- From the dialog box, select GPT (GUID Partition Table) and click OK.
- If you scroll down the window, you will see that your hard drive’s memory space is unallocated.
- Right-click on it, a pop-up menu opens up, select the New Simple Volume option.
- From the new simple volume wizard, click Next.
- Now you can partition your hard drive as per your requirements and click Next.
- Make sure that you assign a different alphabetic letter for your hard drive.
- Once the allocation is done, click Next.
- You can also assign a name for your hard drive in the volume label menu.
- Don’t check the Enable file and folder compression menu, as it may lead to a minor drop in performance. Then click Next.
- Once the overall setup is over, click Finish.
- You will find your hard drive name in the File Explorer window.
- You can also cross-check the memory space left by right-clicking on the hard drive.
- Under Properties, you can see your hard drive’s memory space.
We hope the above steps would have helped you in setting up the Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB on your PC.