- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE EXPANSION SSD 1TB HARD DRIVE
SEAGATE EXPANSION SSD 8TB HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Expansion is a portable desktop hard drive that can save all your digital memories in one place. It enables you to add instant storage capacity and also enhances the performance of your computer. If you want to set up your Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB Hard Drive, follow the instructions mentioned below.
Connect the computer and hard drive
- Unpack the hard drive, take out its accessories, and Remove all the protective tapes.
- Take out the USB cable given along with your hard drive and connect it to your computer and the hard drive.
- The Seagate Expansion Hard Drive features plug-and-play connectivity so that you don’t need to install any specific driver.
Register the hard drive
- Registering the Seagate Hard Drive is recommended because you can get the best support from the manufacturer.
- On your computer, navigate to File Manager and click on the Seagate Expansion SSD.
- If you are using a Windows computer, click on Start_Here_Win, and if you are using a Mac computer, click on Start_Here_Mac.
- Then, enter the required information in the respective fields, agree to the terms and conditions, and click on the Register Button.
Formatting and Partition
- The Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB Hard Drive comes preformatted with the exFAT file format so that you can use it on Windows and Mac computers.
- Suppose you prefer using the hard drive exclusively on a Windows computer, format the hard drive to the NTFS file system. If you prefer to use the hard drive on a Mac computer alone or create a backup on Time Machine, you need to reformat the hard drive in Mac OS Extended (HFS+).
- On your Mac, go to Utilities and choose the Disk Utility option.
- In the left panel, click on your Seagate Expansion SSD and click on the Erase Button.
- When a dialog box shows up, give a name for the drive, choose the format as OS X Extended (Journaled) from the drop-down menu, and select the Scheme as GUID Partition Map; Then, click on the Erase button.
- When the formatting is over, click on the Done button.
In this manner, you can set up your Seagate Expansion SSD 8TB Hard Drive.