- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Expansion™ Portable 640GB Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion™ Portable 640GB Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Expansion portable 640GB Hard Drive or any other Seagate external drive doesn’t need any drivers or special software for its functioning. Most of the operating systems will automatically download the required software after the drive is connected to your computer. Only in a few operating systems, the drivers need to be loaded manually.
The Seagate Expansion portable hard drive doesn’t need any setup. You can directly plug in the Seagate Expansion portable drive into the USB port on your system without any external power supply because the Windows operating system will automatically recognize the drive with no software to install or configure.
But you can learn the steps on how to use the USB connection, where additional drivers are needed. The following steps will apply to a Windows 98 SE system.
- Right-click on your Windows desktop, select New Folder, and name the folder to save the download file.
- Go to the Seagate Hard Drive Drivers official site.
- Click on “Download the Drivers for Windows 98 SE and USB Connections” at the bottom of the page.
- After the download is completed, double-click on the .exe file (extension file).
- Click “Save” to the just-created new folder on your desktop.
- Click on the Start icon and select Settings.
- Go to your computer’s Control Panel and then choose System.
- Navigate to the Device Manager and choose Disk Drives.
- Right-click on the external drive, click Properties, and then click Driver.
- Select Update Driver and then click Next.
- Choose Search for a Better Driver and then click Browse Now.
- Look for the USB driver on your desktop, and then open the file you’ve just saved to complete the Seagate Expansion™ Portable 640GB Hard Drive update.