- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE EXPANSION PORTABLE 4TB HARD DRIVE
SEAGATE EXPANSION PORTABLE 5TB HARD DRIVE
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Expansion is a portable hard drive. It is compact and hence you can take it anywhere. This drive is powered up with a USB cable. No external adapter is used. It comes with Rescue Data Recovery Services to recover your data from the damaged hard drive. This page will be helpful to set up the Seagate Expansion portable 5TB Hard Drive.
- Seagate Expansion portable hard drive.
- USB cable.
- Quick Start Guide.
- Open the box and take the Seagate Expansion portable Hard Drive from the package.
- Take the USB cable and other documents out of the box.
- Turn on your Windows computer.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the computer USB port and the other to the Seagate Expansion portable hard drive.
- The hard drive automatically turns ON, and you can see the Seagate Expansion Drive Icon in the My Computer/This PC folder.
How to use the Seagate Expansion portable hard drive:
- Connect the Seagate Expansion portable hard drive to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open My Computer/This PC and Double-Click on the drive icon.
- Now the portable drive folder will open.
- Just drag your files from the computer and drop them into the portable hard drive folder.
How to format and partition Seagate Expansion portable Hard Drive:
- Before formatting your Seagate External Hard Drive, back up the drive data and save it on your computer.
- Click the Start icon and type disk management in the search box.
- Click Disk Management from the best match list.
- Locate your Seagate external hard drive and Right-Click on the drive. Then click Delete.
- Right-click on the unallocated volume and select New Simple Volume.
- Click Next on the New Simple Volume Wizard.
- Now enter the drive volume in MB, and it should be less than the maximum disk space. Now click Next.
- On the next screen, select the letter for the new drive and click Next.
- Type the volume name in the Volume Label field and click Next.
- Now the external hard drive is Successfully partitioned.
Troubleshooting — Drive Not Detected:
- If the Seagate Expansion portable 5TB Hard Drive is not detected on the Windows computer, check the USB cable.
- If the USB cable is damaged, connect the external drive to the computer using a new USB cable.
- Still, if your drive is not visible on the computer, connect the USB cable to another USB port on the computer.