- Seagate Support »
- SEAGATE EXPANSION 1TB PORTABLE DRIVE USB CONNECTION
SEAGATE EXPANSION PORTABLE 1TB USB 3.0 HARD DRIVE SETUP
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Expansion Portable 1TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive doesn’t need any drivers to be accessed on a computer. Also, the drive is pre-formatted for Windows and you can simply connect the drive to your computer and copy your files to the drive.
Seagate External hard drive can be directly plugged into the USB port on your system without the need for any external power supply because the Windows operating system will automatically recognize the drive with no software to install or configure.
Suppose you want to connect the driver to your computer, here are the steps for the same.
Setting Up The Seagate Expansion Portable Hard Drive:
- Unpack your Seagate Expansion Portable 1TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive.
- Now, turn on your computer.
- Connect the USB cable supplied with the Hard Drive between the drive and your computer.
- On Windows, the OS will automatically detect the hard drive once plugged in.
- If you have connected the hard drive to a Mac computer, then you have to format the drive before moving your files to it.
- Now, on your Windows computer, open My Computer.
- Double-click the Seagate hard drive’s icon.
- Once the hard drive folder opens, you can copy the required files and paste them into the driver.
- Now, you have completed the Seagate Expansion Portable 1TB USB 3.0 hard drive setup.
Formatting The Seagate Expansion Portable Hard Drive On Mac:
- Connect the hard drive to your Mac.
- On your Mac, open the Finder window and then open the Applications window.
- Select the Utilities option.
- Open Disk Utility and select your Seagate driver under the External section.
- Click on Erase at the top and then set the format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Now, click the Erase button.
- The Seagate Expansion Portable 1TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive will be formatted and you can easily access your drive on your Mac.