- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Expansion Portable 1tb Hard Drive
Seagate Expansion Portable 1tb Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Xbox console is similar to a computer with an internal drive. You can easily increase the storage of your device using a Seagate Xbox drive. You can also view movies, listen to music, and other media on your TV by connecting to the Xbox One media player. You have to format the drive to use it as a Game drive. You can play up to 50 Xbox games from the drive.
Proceed with the steps mentioned below to install the Seagate Game Drive for Xbox.
Are you looking for a portable drive for your Windows or Mac computer? Then, you can go for the Seagate Expansion Portable 1 TB hard drive. This external portable hard drive is specially designed to expand your computer’s storage space and is available in different storage capacities, starting from 500 GB to 2 TB. The section given below covers the features, setup, and usage procedure of the Seagate Expansion Portable 1 TB hard drive.
- System requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Port: USB 3.0 or USB 2.0
- Easy-to-setup & use
- Storage capacity: Available from 500 GB to 2 TB
- The Seagate Expansion Portable 1 TB hard drive is simple and easy to set up. Before you begin with the hard drive setup, make sure that the following components are available inside the product box.
- The Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive
- 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
- Quick Start guide
- If any of the above-mentioned components is missing inside the box, then contact your dealer or manufacturer to get it.
- Get the USB 3.0 cable provided along with the drive.
- Turn on your Windows computer if it is turned off.
- Now, using the USB 3.0 cable, connect your Seagate drive to the computer.
- Within a few seconds, the connected drive icon will be displayed in the My Computer or This PC window of your computer.
- If the drive is not displayed, then check whether the cable is connected securely and look for the missing drive in Windows Explorer or File Explorer.
- Once the drive is displayed, it is ready to use.
- Open the drive and use it to copy or save your important files.
- Connect your Seagate Expansion Portable hard drive to the Mac computer using the USB 3.0 cable.
- Now, you have to reformat your drive to use it for copying or moving the files from your Mac computer.
- The formatting process will vary based on your macOS type. So, make sure to format the drive correctly. Click the Call button provided on this page to get remote assistance in formatting your drive for Mac.
Using the drive
Once your Seagate Expansion Portable 1 TB hard drive is set up, it will be ready to use.
You can take a backup of your important files manually or automatically. If you wish to perform the backup process manually, then use the Copy & Paste or Drag & Drop feature.
Copy & Paste:
- Select the file you want to back up on your computer and right-click on it. Click on the Copy option.
- Now, in the This PC or My Computer window, open your Seagate drive and right-click on the blank area.
- Select the Paste option to move the selected file to the drive.
Drag & Drop:
- Open the My Computer or This PC window that stores the file you want to back up.
- Resize or adjust this window and your Seagate drive window in such a way that both of them display on a single screen.
- Locate the file you wish to move to the drive.
- Now, drag & drop the located file into the Seagate drive window.
You can use the same methods mentioned in the For Windows section to take a backup of your important files from your Mac computer to the drive. To know more about the Seagate Expansion Portable 1 TB hard drive, contact us.