- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Expansion Desktop External Hard Drive:
SEAGATE EXPANSION DESKTOP EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE:
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Expansion desktop 2TB is an easy-to-use external hard drive. It acts as additional storage for your computer, and you can take a backup of your data in any situation. Since the hard drive is compact, you can carry it anywhere; simply insert the USB cable to use it on different devices. Let’s see how to set up the Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive in simple steps.
Unboxing The Seagate Expansion Desktop External Hard Drive:
- Open the box and take the power adapter, USB cable, get started guide, and other documents out of the box.
- Next, take the Expansion desktop external drive out of the box.
- To power up the hard drive, plug one end of the supplied adapter into an electrical socket and then insert the other end to the Seagate External Hard Drive.
- The Seagate Expansion Desktop drive automatically Turns ON.
- Now, connect one side of the supplied USB cable to the hard drive USB port and the other side to the USB port on your computer.
- Seagate Desktop External Drive will be listed on the computer; you can double-click the drive folder and start using the drive.
Steps To Format & Partition Seagate Expansion Desktop:
- Connect the Seagate drive to your Windows computer.
- The drive will appear in the My Computer window. Right-click the drive folder and then click Format.
- Also, you can format your hard drive from the Disk Management window.
- In the format dialog box, click the File System drop-down box and select NTFS (Default).
- Click Start to format the external drive; once the format is complete, click OK to close the dialog box.
- Now, you have to partition the unallocated space on the Seagate external hard drive.
- Click the Start icon and then type disk management; from the best match, select Create and format hard disk partition.
- In the Disk Management window, make a right-click on the Seagate Expansion 2TB hard drive, and then click New Simple Volume.
- In the New Simple Volume Wizard, enter the volume size in the Simple volume size in MB text box, and then click Next.
- On the next wizard screen, click the Assign the following drive letter radio button and then click the drop-down box.
- Select a letter from the list and then click Next.
- On the Format Partition screen, click the Format this volume with the following settings radio button.
- Click the File system drop-down box and select exFAT.
- Check if the Allocation unit size is set to default.
- Click the Volume label text field. Now give a name to your drive and then click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the partitioning process.
- Finally, you can see the drive appears as allocated, and the bar color changes to blue. If the drive is not allocated, the bar color will be black; again, repeat the above steps to allocate a new volume.
- Now, the Seagate Expansion external hard drive’s formatting and partitioning processes are complete.
Set A Backup Plan ON Windows 10:
- You can set a backup option on Windows 10.
- Initially, connect the Seagate Expansion desktop drive to the computer.
- Now, click the Start icon and then click Settings.
- Under the Settings menu, click Update & security.
- On the Update & security window, click Backup and then click the Add a drive ‘+’ icon. Now, select Seagate Expansion desktop from the list.
- You can back up your entire computer as required.
- Finally, the Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive setup is completed successfully.