- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Error Messages Drive Failure
Seagate Error Messages Signifying Drive Failure
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Error 1 – SMART Errors Reported By The BIOS
This error means that the BIOS and third-party utilities report SMART errors, even though the SeaTools diagnostic utility passes all the tests. Resolve the error message by following the steps.
- Backup all your data.
- Format your drive to low-level using SeaTools.
- Note: Formatting a drive to low-level will erase all the data.
- Once done, run the test again and check if the error has been resolved.
- If the error persists, replace the drive.
- The other Seagate error message that signifies the drive failure is given below.
Error 2 – My System Reported A SMART Error On Drive
- It symbolizes a near-term prediction of a drive failure. In this scenario, the drive functions normally. But, it is an indication that the diagnostic test might fail sooner.
- The drive monitors read retries, slow spin up, high temperature, and excessive bad sector.
- When a system SMART error occurs, back up your data in the drive as soon as possible.
- Also, you have to maintain a consistent backup.
- Check if your system has adequate ventilation. The SMART error can be replaced if you maintain proper ventilation. Also, the temperature must be normal.
- If the error remains for a longer duration, state this as a reason for a replacement if your drive is under warranty.
Interpret SMART Diagnostic Utilities Report
Serial ATA monitors the performance, integrity, and environment constantly. There is no specific way to predict drive failure. So, it is better to back up the data that you have stored in the drive. Still, some Seagate error messages that signify drive failure. In such a case, you can resolve the error easily by clicking the call button available on the screen.