- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Disk Manager Software Download
Seagate Drive Keeps Disconnecting
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Drives are one of the popular, reliable, and fast drives that allow you to store and manage your data easily. It is easy to install the drive via USB cable. Most of the Seagate drives are suitable for gamers. It is very common for anyone to encounter a problem while using an external drive. If your Seagate Drive Keeps Disconnecting from your computer, then you’ve reached the right page to resolve it.
- Check whether you have securely connected the USB cable between your computer and the Seagate drive.
- Make sure that the connected cable is Not Damaged.
- Check whether your computer meets the System Requirements of the Seagate drive.
- Try to connect the drive to Another Computer and see if it is working.
Methods To Fix The Seagate Drive
- Try the methods given here to resolve the Seagate Drive Keeps Disconnecting.
- Note: The methods given below are suitable only for the Windows OS.
Method 1: Modify The Power Settings
- If you have enabled the Turn Hard Drive off option on your computer’s power settings, then there is a chance for this issue to occur. To disable this option, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Right-click on your Seagate drive.
- Choose the Properties Option.
- Under the Power Management tab, check whether the Allow this computer to Turn Off this device to save power option is enabled.
- If yes, disable it and click OK.
Method 2: Update The Drive Firmware
- Sometimes the outdated firmware may also lead to this problem. To update your Seagate Drive Firmware, follow the below instructions.
- Before updating the firmware, make sure to take a Backup Of Data that is stored on your drive.
- Use Download Finder to check whether there is an update available for your drive.
- If the update is available, then follow the instructions displayed in the Download Finder Window to complete the update.
- Once the update is complete, check whether the connectivity issue is Resolved.
- If your Seagate Drive Keeps Disconnecting again, then perform the next method.
Method 3: Turn Off Microsoft OneDrive
- Open the Task Manager window.
- Click on the Startuptab.
- Right-click on OneDrive.
- Click on the Disable Option.
- Close the Task Manager Window and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 4: Reinstall The Seagate Drive
- On the Apps & Features Screen, select the Seagate drive.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- If prompted, Restart your Windows computer.
- After restarting the computer, Download the Seagate Software and install it.
- Make sure to Install The Latest Version of the software.
- Now, check if the issue is resolved. Still, if the Seagate Drive Keeps Disconnecting, contact us by clicking the Call Button provided on this page.