- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Central device
Seagate Central Reset Button Not Working
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
You can reset the Seagate Central hard drive using two methods. The first method is resetting the drive from a web page and the second one is using the reset button.
If the Seagate Central drive has not been reset to the default factory settings using the reset button, check if you have performed the following instructions. Carry out these below-mentioned steps Seagate central reset button not working.
- Disconnect the Seagate Central drive from the power source.
- Leave it for a few seconds and then reconnect the power cord between the Seagate Central device and the power source.
- Check if the LED changes from amber to green.
- Once the LED changes to solid green, locate the Reset button on the Seagate Central device.
- Press the Reset button using a pointed object and then hold it for ten seconds or until the LED begins to blink in green.
- After a minute, the LED lights in a combination of amber, red, and green. Finally, it turns to solid green.
- This will reset the Seagate Central device to the factory default settings.
- Note: After resetting the device, there will be no data loss.
- Check if the Seagate Central has been reset to the default settings. If not, carry out the step-by-step instructions mentioned below to reset the Seagate Central device to the default settings from a web page.
- Use this procedure to fix Seagate central reset button not working.
- Windows – Open the File Explorer window and click the Network tab on the left panel.
- Mac – Go to the Finder tab on the main screen and click the Shared option on the left-hand side.
- Choose the Seagate Central device and double-click the Public folder followed by the Manage Seagate Central option on the right panel.
- This will launch the device’s authentication web page.
- Provide the administrator user name and password and then click the Sign In option.
- Navigate to the Settings section, select the System option in the left panel, and click the Restore option.
- Now, you will see the LED blink with a combination of amber, red, and green.
- Wait until the LED turns to solid green.
- This will reset the Seagate Central device to the factory settings.
- You will not lose any of the stored data. But, you have to perform the initial setup again.
- By using this procedure to fix Seagate central reset button not working.