- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Basic Portable Drive 1TB Setup
Seagate Basic Portable Drive 2TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Basic is a compact, simple, and reliable portable drive. With the help of a USB cable, you can transfer your files within a few seconds. This page shows Seagate Basic portable 2TB Drive Setup.
- Seagate Basic portable 2TB hard drive
- USB Cable
- Getting Started Guide
How to use:
- Connect the Seagate Basic portable Hard Drive to the computer using the USB cable.
- When the drive is connected to the computer, the drive icon appears on My Computer.
- Open My Computer and double-click on the drive icon.
- Drag files from the computer and drop them into the portable hard drive folder or copy any file and paste the same into the drive folder.
Steps to partition Seagate Basic portable hard drive on Windows:
- Make sure that the portable hard drive is connected to the Windows computer.
- Click the Start icon and type disk management in the search box.
- Click Disk Management from the search list.
- Locate your Seagate external hard drive.
- Right-click on the unallocated volume and select New Simple Volume.
- Now, click Next on the New Simple Volume Wizard.
- Next, enter the volume in MB; it should be less than the maximum disk space. Click Next.
- Select the letter for the new drive on the next screen and click Next.
- Now, type the volume name in the Volume Label field and click Next.
- The external hard drive is now Successfully partitioned.
Steps to partition Seagate Basic Portable hard drive on Mac:
- Connect the Seagate Basic portable 2TB Hard Drive to the Mac computer.
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- In Disk Utility, locate the new Seagate Basic 2TB portable hard drive and click on it. Next, click on Partition at the top of the window.
- To create an additional partition on the disk, click the ‘+’ Button. Split the disk as required.
- Below the Partition Information, you can change the name of the disk. Select the Format drop-down box and choose the format according to your usage.
- The disk volume can be manually entered in the Size field. Remember that you need to enter the volume in GB.
- Finally, click Apply. If prompted, click the partition and wait until the hard drive partition is completed on your Mac.
Finally, the Seagate Basic portable 2TB Drive Setup is completed successfully.