- Seagate Support »
- Barracuda Hard Drive Firmware Update
How to Fix Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Firmware Update?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Barracuda is a kind of hard disk drive from Seagate Technology. It is the 1st hard drive to be launched, with a spindle speed of 7200 RPM, and became the most popular in the hard disk drive circle.
Why updation of the Firmware Needed?
The updation of the firmware will improve the driver’s performance.
How to Download and Update the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Firmware?
- Open a web browser and navigate to the Seagate official website.
- Download the EXE file and take note of the model number of your drive under Drive Name and the given serial number of the drive.
- Next, Go to the Download finder and type in the serial number and the model number in the respective fields.
- Look down for your country from the drop-down menu. Go through the license terms and choose “I Agree to Seagate’s End User License Agreement Terms and Conditions.”
- Following it, enter the CAPTCHA and select “Submit Query” to see whether new Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Firmware Update are available.
- If you can see any new update in the official sites, select the link to download the latest Firmware update utility
- Following the download, run the EXE file and follow the prompts on the screen to upgrade the Seagate barracuda hard drive firmware.
Follow the above-mentioned steps to update your Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Firmware Update.