- Seagate Support »
- How Do I Fix Seagate Hard Drive Failure?
How Do I Fix My Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
If your hard drive is not detected on your computer, there is a chance of Seagate Barracuda hard drive failure.
Causes For The Hard Drive Failure
- Here are the reasons for the Seagate hard drive failure.
- Virus or malware attack
- Human error
- Corrupted files
- A sudden power surge or power failure
- Physical damage like overheating or improper handling
- Mechanical failure
Don’t worry if your hard drive has failed all of a sudden. Still, you can recover all your data from your Seagate Barracuda hard drive after failure.
Before recovering the data:
- Once you find the hard drive has failed, you should not use it again. If you are using the failed hard drive, there is a high probability that all the data in the drive might be lost permanently if it is overwritten.
- Most importantly, you must not use the same hard drive to save the recovered data.
- You can use an HDD enclosure or SATA USB converter for connecting your internal hard drive to another computer via USB port.
Recover Using Stellar Data Recovery Professional Software
- Remove the failed Seagate Barracuda hard drive from your computer.
- Insert the drive into an HDD enclosure.
- On another computer, download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software.
- Now, connect the HDD enclosure to the computer on which you have installed the data recovery software.
- If you see a prompt on the screen, select the Format hard drive option and click the No button.
- Open the installed Stellar Data Recovery Professional software on the computer.
- Select the All Data checkbox and click the Next button.
- Choose the failed Seagate Barracuda hard drive in the Select Location window.
- Check if you have turned on the Deep Scan toggle.
- The data recovery software begins to scan the hard drive.
- Once done, you will see the scanned data on the screen.
- Select the checkbox next to the data that you need to retrieve and click the Recover button.
- Click the Browse button and then choose the location to save the recovered data.
- Note: Keep in mind that you should not select the Seagate hard drive to save the recovered data.
- Once you click Start Saving, all the recovered data will be saved in the specified location.
- Now, you have finished recovering the data from your Seagate Barracuda hard drive failure disk.