- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive Diagnostic Software
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Barracuda is a hard drive on which you can store all your data. This hard drive is easy-to-access.
It is quite normal for an error to occur with the drive. To fix it, Seagate has an easy-to-use diagnostic tool called SeaTools. This tool is available in two sets. One set is for the Windows operating system and the other one is for DOS. You can perform a SMART check, short check, long check, and advanced tests using this diagnostic tool. To know how to use the Seagate Barracuda hard drive diagnostic software on your Windows computer, read the instructions given below.
SeaTools for Windows
- Navigate to the Seagate official site.
- Look for the SeaTools software and select it.
- Click the Download button beside the selected tool.
- As soon as the tool starts to download, a dialog box prompting you to run the tool, save the application, or cancel the download process will appear on the screen.
- Click the Save button and wait for the download process to complete.
- Once SeaTools has been downloaded, double-click on the installer file.
- Install the tool on your Windows computer by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the tool has been installed on your computer, open it and perform the on-screen prompts to resolve the issues on the drive.
If you’re a Mac user, then you can use the First Aid tool to scan your Seagate drive on Mac. This tool scans and detects the bad sectors found on the Seagate drive.
First Aid for Mac
- First, connect your Seagate hard drive to your Mac.
- Make sure that the drive has been detected by the Mac.
- Now, run the Disk Utility First Aid function on your Mac.
- Select the Seagate hard drive.
- Click the First Aid tab followed by the Verify Disk option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to resolve the Seagate Barracuda hard drive issue.
To know more about the Seagate Barracuda Hard drive diagnostic software, contact us.