- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 4 Tb St4000lm024 Setup
Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 4 Tb St4000lm024 Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
If you’re looking for a hard drive that is perfect for laptops, mobile devices, and external storage, then Seagate Barracuda hard drive 4 TB ST4000LM024 is the best choice. This is the thinnest and high-capacity hard drive (2.5) manufactured by Barracuda. This internal hard drive uses the Multi-Tier Caching technology to deliver snappy performance. The below section explains how to perform the Seagate Barracuda hard drive 4TB ST4000LM024 setup process.
If you’re going to set up the hard drive for the first time, then unpack it first.
- Turn off the laptop.
- Disconnect the power cable from your laptop and remove the battery from it.
- Drain your laptop’s charge completely. To do so, refer to your laptop’s user manual.
- For most of the laptop model, press and hold down the Power button for 15 seconds to drain the battery.
- Now, take the internal hard drive out of your laptop.
- Refer to your laptop’s user manual to get the detailed procedure for removing the existing hard drive.
- Place the Seagate Barracuda hard drive inside the laptop.
- Make sure to mount the screws properly.
- Reinsert the battery on the laptop.
- Now, turn on your laptop.
- If required, reinstall the operating system.
- Disconnect all the cables from your PC.
- Open the CPU cover by referring to your PC’s user guide.
- Remove the mounted internal hard drive from its slot.
- Unpack the Seagate hard drive.
- Place the unpacked hard drive into its slot.
- Mount the drive slot properly in the CPU.
- Close the CPU cover and connect all the cables.
- Turn on your PC.
- Check whether your drive is recognized by the PC.
- If yes, open and access it as per your desire.
If you need remote assistance in performing the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 4 TB ST4000LM024 setup process, click the Call button available on this page.