- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 3tb St3000lm024 Setup
Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 3tb St3000lm024 Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate’s Barracuda hard drive 3 TB ST3000LM024 is the thinnest drive, proven best for daily use. This drive is the best fit for laptops, mobile storage, external storage systems, and ultra-slim desktop PCs. To know how to perform the Seagate Barracuda hard drive 3TB ST3000LM024 setup, carry out the following instructions.
Best features of Seagate Barracuda hard drive 3 TB ST3000LM024
- Fast data rates
- Low startup current
- Highest data transfer
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Compatibility: Laptop, PC, and Unix.
Quick & simple steps to set up the Seagate Barracuda hard drive 3 TB ST3000LM024
Note: Before you start the hard drive, make sure that your computer or laptop allows you to replace the internal drive. If the drive cannot be replaced, then better get an external hard drive for more storage.
- Power off your computer if it is turned ON.
- Now, disconnect all the cables connecting your computer’s CPU.
- Now, open the CPU cover by removing all the screws mounting it.
- Disconnect the cable connecting the internal drive.
- Take the existing internal hard drive out of the CPU.
- Now, unpack the Seagate Barracuda hard drive.
- Insert the drive into your computer.
- Make sure to connect the cables securely.
- Close the CPU cover.
- Reconnect the cables to the CPU.
- Turn on your computer.
- Check if the new drive is recognized by the computer.
- If yes, install the driver software on your computer to complete the setup.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Remove the battery from the laptop if it is removable.
- Make sure that the power cord is not connected to the drive.
- Drain your laptop’s battery completely.
- Now, open the cover of the internal hard drive.
- Unpack the Seagate drive.
- Mount the unpacked drive into its slot.
- Close the cover.
- Reinsert the battery into the laptop.
- Charge the laptop for a while and then turn it ON.
- Go to the Internal Drives section and look for the newly mounted hard drive.
- Install drive software by following the on-screen instructions.
If you need remote assistance in performing the Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 3TB ST3000LM024 setup, contact us.