- Seagate Support »
- BarraCuda 510 256GB Solid State Drives setup
Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB Solid State Drives Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD Setup is one of the most versatile NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) drives. This SSD has been optimized especially for maximum storage capacity. It is nearly 6 times fas is one of the most versatile NVMe (Nter than SATA SSDs. It also has features, such as TCG (a security standard), that keep all of your data safe and protected.
How to prepare for the Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD setup?
- First, unpack the Seagate solid state drive.
- Next, inspect the drive for any possible damages.
- Look at the instructions provided in the computer product documentation. Use them to power down computer and then power drain it.
- From your existing storage device, you need to create a backup of all your data.
You will need a screwdriver and also some screws for fastening the M.2 SSD (Seagate BarraCuda SSD).
Now that we have seen the initial steps to be performed, let us proceed with the actual instructions to perform the Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD Setup.
- First, you have to open the cabinet or the case of your CPU.
- Next, you need to remove the existing storage devices, if required.
- Turn your attention to computer. Power it on.
- While the computer boots up, access the BIOS setup. Your computer will display the keys that need to be pressed for accessing the BIOS (while the booting takes place).
- Now, make sure that a PCIe device has been set in the BIOS boot sequence. Here PCIe stands for Peripheral Component Interconnect Express. It is an interface standard used to connect the high-speed components. The motherboard on every desktop PC will contain such PCIe slots.
- NOTE: You can refer to the computer or the motherboard documentation for instructions on how to access the BIOS and also for the steps for booting from an M.2 SSD.
- Next, you have to power down your computer and continue with the Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD Setup.
- On your motherboard, locate the M.2 PCIe slot.
- You can start inserting your Seagate SSD into the M.2 slot. The following tips will help you perform this task in the right way:
- The pin side of the drive must go into the M.2 slot.
- The label side should face the top at 30 degrees.
- Now, press the SSD down. You need to mount it above the motherboard’s screw slot and then fasten its screws.
- You can now close the cabinet (case).
- Reassemble your computer and then power it on.
- The hardware part of the Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD setup is now complete. You can begin installing the OS on your SSD.
You can install one of the following software on the drive you have just set up.
SeaTools from Seagate is free software. You can make use of SeaTools on your Seagate BarraCuda 510 1TB Solid State Drives for activities such as health monitoring and drives maintenance.
DiscWizard from Seagate is an integrated software suite. Using this software, you can conveniently back up your entire disk drive or only certain partitions on it. It’s equipped with all the necessary utilities to recover your system in case any disaster occurs.
Once you install the required software on the SSD, the entire Seagate BarraCuda 510 256GB SSD Setup will be complete.