- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda 510 256gb Solid-state Drive Setup
Seagate Barracuda 510 250GB Solid-State Drive Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Are you looking to increase your computer’s storage capacity? Then opt for the Seagate Barracuda 510 250GN SSD. This drive is 6x faster than SATA SSDs and comes with a wide range of utilities. On this page, we have given the steps to perform the Seagate Barracuda 510 250GB Solid-State Drive setup for the first time.
Initially, you have to make sure that your computer meets the system requirements to use the Seagate Barracuda drive.
Preparing For The Setup:
- Unpack the Seagate Barracuda 510 250GB SSD.
- Take a backup of data stored on the computer
- Turn off the computer.
- Make sure to drain computer’s power completely.
Mounting The Seagate SSD On A Computer:
- Open desktop’s case.
- Locate the existing storage drive.
- Unscrew and remove the screws mounting the drive.
- Gently remove the drive.
- Now, turn on laptop or desktop.
- Try to access the BIOS setup window while computer boots up.
- Make sure that the PCle device is selected.
- Now, turn off computer.
- In computer’s motherboard, look for the M.2 PCle slot and locate it.
- Now, install the unpacked Seagate Barracuda Drive Crash in the slot from where you removed the existing storage drive.
- Make sure to mount the drive correctly.
- Close the case of computer and turn it on.
- Now, go to computer’s My Computer or My PC window and check if the newly installed Seagate Barracuda 510 250GB SSD is displayed.
- If yes, install the SeaTools and DiscWizard programs of the drive on computer to complete the Seagate Barracuda 510 250GB Solid-State Drive setup.
To get remote assistance in performing the same, click on the Call button provided on this page.