- Seagate Support »
- Setup Seagate Barracuda 510 1tb Solid-state Drives
Setting Up Your Seagate Barracuda 510 1tb Solid-state Drives
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Barracuda 510 SSD is optimized for maximum storage capacity. It comes with TCG security to secure all your data stored on the drive. The step-by-step instructions to perform the Seagate Barracuda 510 1TB Solid-state drives setup are given on this page.
Prepare For The Installation
Before you begin to setup Seagate Barracuda 510 1TB Solid-state drive, carry out the following steps.
- Unpack your Seagate Barracuda SSD.
- Ensure that there are no damages to the solid-state drive.
- Make sure to back up all your data from the current storage device.
Tools Required For The Installation
Installing The Seagate Barracuda SSD
Here are the steps to perform the hardware setup of the Seagate Barracuda 510 1TB Solid-State drive.
- Open the case of your computer to access the internal parts.
- Remove the existing storage device that you have installed on your computer.
- Turn on your computer.
- While the computer boots, access the BIOS setup.
- Note: The steps to access the BIOS setup menu differs depending on your computer’s OS.
- Make sure to set the M.2 PCle device in the BIOS boot sequence or boot priority list.
- Shut down the computer.
- On the computer’s motherboard, find the M.2 PCle slot.
- Place the Seagate Barracuda SSD in the M.2 slot.
- Note: The label side of the solid-state drive must face the top at a 30-degree angle.
- Mount the SSD and screw it tightly using the screwdrivers.
- Close the case.
- Once you reassemble the computer, turn it on.
After powering up the computer, set up the Seagate Barracuda 510 TB Solid-State drive on the computer if you need to use your drive as the primary one.
Software Setup – SeaTools
SeaTools is a free software that helps in drive maintenance and overall monitoring.
The steps to install the SeaTools software are provided below for your reference.
- Download the SeaTools software by clicking the Download button on the manufacturer website.
- Once done with the downloading process, you will be prompted to run or save the application.
- Click the Save option. Once the Save As dialog box appears, select the folder of your choice to save the application.
- Note: You can even save the application to your desktop.
- Navigate to the folder where you have saved the file and click the SeaTools file to begin the installation.
- Continue with the steps to complete the installation.
- Now, you have finished the Seagate Barracuda 510 1TB Solid-State drives setup on your computer.