- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Barracuda not recognised in Bios
Seagate Barracuda 2tb Not Detected In Bios
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
At times, when the Seagate Barracuda drive faces a problem, you can connect it to the system and open the BIOS window to check if the system detects it in the first place, but if the BIOS does not detect the drive due to some reasons, you need to take appropriate steps to fix it. Follow these steps seagate barracuda 2tb not detected in bios.
Causes of the problem:
- Improper installation of the SATA drivers can lead to such an issue.
- The BIOS does not detect the drive when the cable connections are loose.
- If the Seagate drive is not enabled in the BIOS, then the error can occur.
- The external devices connected to the computer can cause the problem.
- Drive does not work due to a hardware fault.
- If the jumper settings of the drive are wrong, then the system cannot detect the drive.
Solutions for the problem:
Check the SATA drivers
- When your system uses an old software version, sometimes the drive goes undetected during the boot process.
- The drive cannot find the driver, and so it does not appear in the BIOS window.
- To resolve the issue, download the SATA controller driver from the official Seagate website or on the CD provided along with the drive or on the SATA controller card.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to fix the seagate barracuda 2tb not detected in bios.
Enable the drive
- You need to enter the system BIOS to enable the drive. Based on the manufacturer brand, the method to enter the BIOS varies.
- In most computers, you have to press either F1 or F2 or F10 while the device is restarting.
- Check the BIOS setup method for your computer brand.
- After you access the BIOS screen, under System Setup, enable the Seagate drive.
Secure the SATA cable
- Verify whether the cable connection is secure; if it is not, then tighten the ends of the cable onto the device.
- Also, make sure that the cable has not tampered, or the contact pin is not broken.
- If the cable is not in good condition, replace it, and check if the drive gets detected.
- See that you use the cable recommended by the drive manufacturer to ensure the drive support.
Check power connection
- Shut down the computer and remove the data cable from the Seagate drive.
- After some time, reconnect the drive and turn on the computer and then check if the drive is spinning.
- If the drive spins, the drive part of the computer vibrates, and you can hear the whirling sound.
- In case the drive does not spin, remove the power cable from the hard drive and the other devices connected to the computer.
- Reconnect the drive, turn off the computer and power it on. Following that, check if the drive is detected.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to fix the seagate barracuda 2tb not detected in bios.