- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim Portable Drive 2 Tb Setup
Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim Portable Drive 2 Tb Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
When you purchase the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive, you will get two years of recovery service. So, you do not want to worry about data loss if you drop the drive accidentally! The service is known as the “Rescue Data Recovery Service.”
The external drive is available both in 1 and 2TB storage options. But, on this page, we will be focusing on the 2TB drive. This drive is one of the slimmest Seagate drives. It measures just 9.6mm. It is a small drive that caters to big needs.
On this page, let us look into the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive (2TB) setup in detail.
Unboxing the drive
- Open the product box and check if all the components are available inside.
- Remove the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive from the box.
- Take out the instructional guide for the drive from the box.
- You will also find the cable to connect the drive to your computer.
- Now, proceed to the next step in the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive (2TB) setup.
Connecting the drive to the computer and using it
For using the drive on a Mac, you need not format it. Follow these steps to connect the drive to your Mac computer and use it:
- First, connect one end of the USB cable to the drive.
- Next, connect the opposite end of the cable to your Mac.
- The drive comes with a very interesting software set called “Toolkit.” This helps you to conveniently back up all your data to the drive. Now, continue with the rest of the steps for the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive (2TB) setup.
- Another important feature of the Toolkit is “Mirror.” This feature syncs a folder on your computer to a folder on the drive. Both these folders are called Mirror and they will always contain the same content.
- If you change, edit, or add anything to the folder on your Mac, Toolkit will automatically update the changes in the other folder. This excellent feature ensures that you can finish your work on the go on different computers. So, you need not depend on the cloud for this purpose.
- You have now successfully finished the Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Slim portable drive (2TB) setup.