- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard
Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Backup Plus Slim is a portable external drive that comes with spacious storage. This drive is compatible with the Windows and Mac operating systems. You can connect the drive to your computer using the USB 3.0 interface. The steps for the Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2TB Setup are explained on this page, and it requires minimal technical expertise to perform them.
Inside the drive package, you can find the following components.
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2TB Drive
- Micro-B to USB-A cable
Steps to set up the Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2 TB drive:
Step 1: Physical Setup
- Get the Micro-B to USB-A cable provided along with the product box.
- Connect one end of the Micro-B to USB-A cable to your computer’s USB-A port.
- Insert the other side of the cable into your Seagate Drive.
Step 2: Installing The Drive Software
- Open the My Computer or Devices window on your computer.
- Locate the Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable drive’s icon and click on it.
- Now, run the Start_Here_Mac or Start_Here_Win file.
- The Register dialog box will open.
- In the corresponding fields, type your first name, last name, and email address.
- Select the options Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement, and Optional Offers by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Click on the Register button.
- Once the product registration is done successfully, the software available for the drive will be displayed on the screen. (Note: Based on your OS type, the software availability will vary).
- Click on the Download button.
- Once the software toolkit is downloaded, double-click on it to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2TB Hard Drive Setup.
- Once the software installation is done, you can use it to configure the drive settings.
To get remote assistance in performing the Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portable 2TB Setup, contact us.