- Seagate Support »
- Seagate backup plus Portable Drive for Mac USB 3.0 1TB Setup
Seagate backup plus Portable Drive for Mac USB 3.0 2TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate backup plus Portable Drive for Mac USB 3.0 2TB for Mac is an external hard drive that can suffice your data storage requirement. All you need is a USB cable to connect your Mac to this drive. It simplifies the whole backup process. The glossy metal look gives your drive a premium look. The Portable External Hard Drive and is equipped with high-speed USB 3.0 connectivity. Also, you do not need an external power supply.
Steps for the portable drive setup
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim is exclusively manufactured for Mac, and it is compatible with the Time Machine backup utility.
- By installing Seagate mobile Backup, you can back up all your data from your mobile to your drive.
- Connect one end of your USB cable to your Backup Plus Slim drive and the other end to your Mac.
- This drive is already formatted for Mac System. So you do not need to format it.
- The drive will show up on your Mac within 30 seconds of connecting and turning on your device.
- On the Homepage, you can find your drive in the External drive folder.
- Double click the External file icon. Now you can see a window where the contents of your drive will be displayed
- You can preserve your files by the copy-paste feature or drag and drop method.
- To copy and paste a file or folder, open the Finder window and go to the file or data you want to copy.
- Right-click the file which you want to copy and go to the drive and again give a right-click and paste it.
- You can also copy by pressing Command + C, and you can paste using Command + V.
- If you want to use the drag and drop method to copy your files, just navigate to the folder and select the file which you want to copy. Then click and drag the file and drop it in your drive folder.
- Now, you have successfully set up your Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive for Mac USB 3.0 2TB.