- Seagate Support »
- Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Drive
Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive For Mac 4TB Setup
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
Seagate Backup Plus is a portable hard disk drive that is a combination of surplus and trustworthy performance. This hard drive supports Windows 7 or later and macOS 10.11 or higher Operating Systems. To know more about the Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable Drive Setup for Mac, keep reading the instructions below.
- First, connect Seagate hard drive to Mac using the supplied USB cable.
- Next, verify whether you have a stable Internet connection on Mac.
- Open Finder and double-click the Backup Plus drive below Devices.
- Click on Start Here Mac and enter your details on the Registration screen.
- Click Register after entering the necessary details.
- On the Protect Data screen, click the Download button to download Toolkit.
- Open the downloaded file (ZIP) and click the Seagate Toolkit Installer to launch the app.
Creating A Mirror Plan:
- Head to the top-right corner of the desktop, click the Spotlight Search icon, and then type ‘toolkit’ in the search field.
- Double-click the Toolkit icon in the search result to launch the Toolkit app.
- The Seagate Backup Plus portable drive setup using the Toolkit app begins now.
- Click on the Main Menu and select Mirror below Activities.
- Next, click the Mirror Now button to copy all your files to the storage drive.
- Using Custom Setup, you can choose the location of the mirror folder on Mac.
- The folder should be named Mirror so that it can sync with Mac.
- Avoid changing the folder names on Mac.
- Now, Mac will back up all the files regularly to the Mirror folder automatically.
- On Mac, open Finder and click on Applications from the left-side panel.
- Double-click Utilities followed by Disk Utility.
- Choose Seagate drive from the left-side panel and click Erase.
- Enter a name for the drive and choose the OS X Extended (Journaled) option from the Format drop-down menu.
- Choose GUID Partition Map from the Scheme pull-down menu and click the Erase button.
- Now,Seagate Backup Plus 4TB portable Drive Setup will be formatted by the Disk Utility.
- Finally, click Done to complete the setup.