- Seagate Support »
- Use Seagate Backup Plus On Mac
Use Your Seagate Backup Plus On Mac
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
The Seagate Backup Plus drive comes with a simple and compact design. This portable external hard drive provides backup and storage features. To know how to use Seagate Backup Plus on your Mac, keep reading the instructions below to know how to use Seagate backup plus on Mac.
Formatting the Seagate Backup Plus drive:
- First, connect your Seagate Backup Plus hard drive to your Mac with the supplied USB cable.
- On your Mac, click the Spotlight icon at the top-right corner and enter ‘disk utility’ in the text field. Hit the Enter key and select the Disk Utility option from the search result to open the Disk Utility.
- Alternatively, open Finder and select Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- In the Disk Utility window, choose your hard drive from the left-side panel and click the Erase button at the top to format the hard drive.
- If your hard drive is not listed, click on Show All Devices.
- Once the Disk Utility has formatted your hard drive, click Done.
Moving your data to the hard drive manually:
- On your Mac, open the file or folder location.
- Choose the items you wish to copy and right-click on them while holding the Control key.
- Next, click the Edit menu at the top of the screen and select the Copy option.
- On your keyboard, press the Control button and hold it while giving a right-click on the file/folder location on your Mac.
- Click on Edit at the top and select the Paste option.
- You have now moved your data from the Mac computer to the connected Seagate Backup Plus hard drive.
- To make this method faster, you can press the Command + C shortcut keys to copy the selected items and paste them using the Command + V shortcut keys.
Backing up the data from your Mac to the Seagate Backup Plus drive:
- First, verify that you have properly connected the Seagate Backup Plus hard drive to your Mac.
- Next, open the Time Machine tool from the System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Select Backup Disk and choose your Seagate Backup Plus drive connected to your Mac.
- Select the Use for Backup option and wait for the Time Machine to start the backup. Finally, know how to use Seagate backup plus on Mac .