- Seagate Support »
- external hard disk is not showing
How To Fix Seagate 1tb External Hard Drive Not Working On Mac?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
If you are having a tough time with your Seagate 1TB hard drive in trying to make it work on your Mac computer, continue reading. It is not that Seagate hard drives alone have this problem, but many other drives also face the same problem. There are various common causes for the problem and we shall discuss the solutions to fix the Seagate 1TB external hard drive not working on Mac.
Check the hardware connection
- Disconnect the drive connected to the Mac device, connect it to another port on your Mac, and then check if it is working.
- Sometimes, the cable connecting the drive and computer could be damaged. So change the cable and try to connect them.
- If the problem is with your computer, then the drive won’t be recognized. Connect the drive to another computer or device and make sure your computer is not having any issue.
- When you confirm there is no physical problem, continue with the below troubleshooting steps.
Fix the drive using Disk Utility
- Open the Finder app on your Mac computer.
- Select Applications followed by Utilities and finally open Disk Utility.
- You could see the Seagate drive on the left pane. If it is not present, then click Show All Devices and see if the drive appears.
- Select the drive and click the Mount menu at the top of the window.
- If the drive does not mount, again select it and then click First Aid.
- Next, click Verify Disk to verify the drive and when the process is done, the system will prompt you to repair the drive.
- Do not immediately click Repair Disk. Instead, back up the data stored on the drive and then proceed to repair.
Find the drive in System Information
- Press the Option key while you click the Apple icon, then select System Information or System Profiler.
- Click Hardware on the left, find the Seagate drive and select it to view its details.
If you need a remote assistance to fix the Seagate 1tb external hard drive not working on Mac computer. Click the call button available on the screen.