- Seagate Support »
- To Setup Segate Backup Plus
Seagate Backup Plus External Hard Drive
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
Here, how to use Seagate Backup Plus is an external hard drive that can be used to store and back up your data. The Seagate Backup Plus is preformatted to exFAT file format by default. The exFAT is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. But, if you are about to use your device for any dedicated operating system, then you can format your drive to the native file format of the operating system. For Windows operating system, format Backup Plus external hard drive to NTFS, and for Mac, format it to HFS+. external hard drive connects to your computer using a USB 3.0 cable.
Seagate Backup Plus on Mac
Befor Backup Plus hard drive to store or back up files from your Mac computer, you have to set up your hard drive. Following the steps how to use Seagate Backup plus:
- Connect your hard drive to a Mac computer using a USB 3.0 cable.
- Check whether your Mac computer is connected to the internet.
- Then, go to the Finder menu on your Mac computer and open the Backup Plus hard drive.
- Double-click the Start_Here_Mac icon to register your hard drive.
- Enter the required details in the registration window and click the Register button.
- Then download the Toolkit for Backup Plus external hard drive by clicking the Download button in the pop-up window.
- Now, access the downloaded SeagateToolkit.zip file, open it and then click the Seagate Toolkit Installer to initiate the Toolkit installation.
Backup to Backup Plus external hard drive on Mac
On your Mac computer, you can use the Time Machine application to perform an automatic backup to Carry out the steps below to perform that how to use Seagate backup plus.
- Use a USB cable to connect Backup Plus external hard drive with your Mac computer.
- Choose the Apple icon at the top of the desktop, select the System Preference menu, and open Time Machine.
- Choose the Select Backup Disk option.
- From the list, select external hard drive and click Use Disk.
- For the first time, the backup may take a long time.
- After that, each time you connect Backup Plus hard drive, only the changed files will be updated.
Seagate Backup Plus on Windows
As mentioned above, the Backup Plus external hard drive is preformatted and is compatible with the Windows operating system. So, there is no need to format the Backup Plus before using it with your Windows computer.
Setup Seagate Backup Plus on Windows:
Carry out the below steps to use Backup Plus external hard drive on a Windows computer.
- Connect the Backup Plus hard drive to your Windows computer using a USB 3.0 cable.
- Next, you have to register Backup Plus hard drive.
- To register the device, connect your computer to the internet.
- On your Windows computer, open the My Computer, double-click the Backup Plus icon, and then again double-click on Start_Here_Win.
- In the Registration window, enter all the necessary information and click the Register button at the bottom of the window.
- Once your device is registered, click the Download button in the pop-up window to download the Toolkit for Backup Plus external hard drive.
- After the file is downloaded, double click the downloaded SeagateToolkit.exe file and start the installer. It will install the Toolkit for Backup Plus hard drive on your Windows Computer.
Setup automatic backup to Seagate Backup Plus on Windows:
Carry out the below steps to use Seagate Backup Plus hard drive on your Windows 7 computer.
- Plug your external hard drive to computer using a standard USB cable.
- On your Windows 7 computer, open the Control Panel.
- Select the ‘Back up your computer’ option under System and Security in the Control Panel window.
- In the next window, click the ‘Set up backup’ option on the left end of the Backup section.
- A User Account Control pop-up will appear asking you to confirm the changes to the computer. In the pop-up window, click the Yes button to proceed.
- Select Backup Plus external hard drive as the destination to save the backup and click the Next button.
- In the next window, select the data files and partitions to be backed up. You have two options; the first option will allow Windows operating system to choose the files to be backed up automatically. The second option is for a customized back up.
- After choosing the files to back up, click the Next button.
- In the upcoming window, you can schedule the time for your back up.
- Click the Save settings and Exit buttons at the bottom to finish the setup.
- In the next window, click the ‘Back up now’ button to initiate a backup.
- Your files will be backed up to Backup Plus external hard disk.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to use Seagate backup plus.