- Seagate Support »
- Seagate NAS 2 Bay drive
Seagate Nas 2 Bay Device
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 5TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 5TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 5TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 5TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 5TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 5TB
The Seagate NAS 2 Bay device comes with and without a hard drive. If the Seagate NAS 2 Bay device is available without a hard drive, then it can also be said as diskless enclosures.Here, how to setup seagate Nas 2 Bay device with and without hard drive varies by a little bit.
The quick steps given below will assist you in setting up your Seagate NAS 2 Bay drive.
With Hard Drive
- Wired Connection setup.
- Switch on your Seagate NAS 2 bay.
- First sign and configuration.
Without Hard Drive
- Connection setup.
- Turn on your Seagate device.
- Inserting the hard drive into the NAS device.
- Sign in and configuration.
With Hard Drive – Wired Connection Setup
- Get an Ethernet cable to connect your Seagate NAS 2 device to the router.
- After that, connect the Seagate NAS 2 device to a wall outlet using the power cable.
Switch on your Seagate NAS 2 bay
- Locate and press the Power button your Seagate NAS 2 bay device.
- It may take a few minutes for the Seagate NAS 2 bay device to boot up.
- Wait for the LED light to turn into solid.
First sign in and configuration
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Navigate to the Seagate NAS device’s support page.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining set of installation steps.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to Setup Seagate Nas 2 Bay.
Without Hard Drive i.e., Diskless enclosure
- Using an Ethernet cable, link your Seagate NAS Diskless device to the router.
- After that, connect the NAS diskless device to the wall outlet using the power cable.
Turning your Seagate NAS diskless device ON
- while turning ON the NAS diskless device for the first time, it will be placed in the recovery mode.
- To set it, read and proceed with the guided instructions given below.
- Get a thin pointed like object to push the Recovery button.
- Locate the Recovery button on your Seagate NAS diskless device.
- Short push the Power button while holding the Recovery button.
- After that, release the Power button and push the Recovery button for at least five seconds.
- Wait for the NAS diskless device to complete the boot-up process.
- By utilizing these steps we can execute that how to Setup Seagate Nas 2 Bay.
Inserting a hard drive into the NAS device
- Take the empty tray from the NAS device.
- Place the hard drive in the empty tray.
- Make sure to mount the screws properly after inserting the hard drive.
- After that, place the hard drive tray back into the NAS device.
Sign in to the Seagate web page and configuration
- Power on your Seagate NAS 2 Bay device.
- Navigate to the Seagate device official page and perform the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration.
- To get remote assistance that how to Setup Seagate Nas 2 Bay device, click the Call button available on this screen.