- Seagate Support »
- Seagate Game Drive For Ps4
How To Reset Seagate Game Drive For Ps4?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 3TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 3TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 3TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 3TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 3TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 3TB
You can store the PS4 game program on an external storage device when the PS4 storage does not have enough space to store the games. Before you can store the game, you need to format the drive and check if it supports the minimum requirement to store the PS4 programs. Follow the procedure below how to reset Seagate game drive for PS4.
Format the drive:
- Before formatting the Seagate drive, make sure to back up all the data on it, which gets erased after the format.
- If the drive has enough storage space to store the PS4 data, then there is no need to format.
- Connect the drive to the PS4 using a USB cable and turn on the monitor & PS4.
- On the main window of PS4, select the Settings menu using the PS4 controller.
- Under Settings, a list of options is present, next, select the Devices menu.
- The Devices menu appears, choose USB Storage Devices, following that, the drive name appears on the screen.
- Select the Seagate drive name by pressing the X button on the controller.
- Then, click the Format as Extended Storage button to format the drive for PS4.
- When the software prompts the confirmation message, click Next to proceed with the format.
- After that, select the Format button. Once the format is complete, return to the Settings menu and select Storage to open it.
- Now, the drive name with the storage status appears under the Storage section.
- Thereon, the drive becomes the default external storage for PS4.
- If you have to change the storage location, click the Options button under Storage and choose the Application Install Location menu and select either the System Storage or the Extended Storage.
- To disconnect the drive, go to the Quick Menu, choose Sound/Devices, and select Stop Using Extended Storage.
- By using these simple steps we can execute that how to reset seagate game drive for ps4.