- Seagate Support »
- Seagate External Hard Drive
How To Reset Seagate External Hard Drive?
- How to connect Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- Windows 7 or Vista requests Drivers
- Backup Plus 2TB Hard drive not detected
- Connect Backup Plus 2TB External Drive to a USB port.
- How to Use Seagate Backup Plus 2TB?
- How to find out the backup files on Backup Plus 2TB Desktop Drive?
- Eject Backup Plus 2TB Safely
- Moving data between two systems
- Seagate-S drive Missing
- Windows Disk Error Checking on Backup Plus 2TB
The performance of the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive becomes slow when it is full or being corrupted. In this scenario, that how to reset Seagate Backup Plus portable drive to its original state. This will remove all the data from the drive, which in turn improves the performance of the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive. Perform any one of the procedures mentioned on this web page to reset the Backup Plus portable drive.
- Go to your computer, click the Start menu, and choose the Control Panel option.
- The Control Panel dialog window will appear on the screen.
- Select the System and Maintenance option followed by the Administrator Tools option and then double-click the Computer Management button.
- If prompted, type your password. Once you click the Disk Management button, search for the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive.
- Right-click the Seagate Backup Plus portable hard drive and then click the Format button followed by the OK button.
- If you need that reset Backup Plus portable drive using the current settings, rename the drive name.
- Note: Do not reset the file format of the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive, if you are going to reset the drive using the current settings.
- Once you click the OK button, the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive formatting process will begin.
- If the reset process of the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive is successfully completed, the Finished message dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Download the DiscWizard software from the Seagate official website.
- Once done with downloading the setup file of the DiscWizard software, double-click it to start the installation process on your computer.
- Select the options that are listed here.
- Seagate from the Start menu
- Seagate DiscWizard
- Bootable Media Builder
- Place a blank CD in the computer’s CD/DVD drive.
- As soon as the Seagate DiscWizard Media Builder wizard begins, click the Next button.
- Select the Full version of DiscWizard to CD option and then click Next.
- Once you have chosen your disc burner from the appropriate drop-down list, click the Next button followed by the Proceed button.
- Now, you need that how to reset Seagate Backup Plus portable drive to the computer.
- After clicking the OK button, restart the computer. Choose the Wipe Disc option on the left panel, click the Next button.
- Ensure that you have chosen the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive.
- Click Next -> Delete Partitions on the Destination Hard Disc -> Next -> Normal -> Next -> Proceed.
- This will reset the Seagate Backup Plus portable drive.